Frequently Asked Questions
What is a FAQ?
An acronym for Frequently Asked Questions - here are some of the most common questions posed to our PTA and their responses. Questions that are frequently asked by users are displayed in Categories to the left. You may scroll through questions by Category or search for your question using Keywords.
- Do I have to do everything the PTA sponsors?
- How can I get involved in the PTA if I work full time?
- How do I donate a book to the library in honor of a teacher or my child’s birthday?
- How do I get included in the PTA Directory?
- How do I get reimbursement for my holiday party expenses?
- How do I join the PTA?
- Who can join the PTA?
- When are PTA meetings?
- Who can attend PTA meetings?
- What is Membership Toolkit?
- What is the Washington Weekly News and how do I receive it?
- How do I volunteer in my child's classroom or at PTA events?
- What do my PTA dues support?
- What holiday parties do they celebrate in my children’s classroom?
- What is my child allowed to bring to school to celebrate their birthday?
- What is the party fund?
- What is a homeroom parent and how can I become one?
- What is Camp Lutherlyn?
- What is the Angel Fund?
- What is the Georgia Pogue Scholarship?
- What is the Washington Scholarship Fund?
- Who do I contact if my High School student would like to volunteer at Washington Elementary for community service hours?
- Who should I contact if I am interested in serving as an officer on the PTA Executive Board?
- Is there anyone to help my child at the drop off?
- Where can I drop my child off for school?
- If my child stays for lunch, what do they do when they are not eating?