Dear WES Families,
I hope this communication finds you and your families doing well and staying healthy. As Allegheny County is now in the Yellow Phase of the reopening plan in Pennsylvania, we are permitted to allow families to secure their student's personal belongings that were left behind in lockers and desks. For the safety of students, staff, and families, we are implementing a process that allows families to retrieve their student's belongings in a manner that prevents or mitigates the spread of COVID-19, and that employs physical distancing measures, universal masking, and other applicable guidelines provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
I apologize for the length of this email, but ask that you read it closely as we will be strictly adhering to the below protocols.
Here are the specific guidelines that MUST be followed when families come to WES to secure student belongings:
- · only a maximum of 25 people will be permitted the building at one time;
- · everyone entering the school MUST provide and wear their own mask;
- · physical distancing guidelines (6 feet rule) MUST be respected at all times within the school and on school grounds;
- · ONLY adults will be permitted to access the school;
- · the school playground and building grounds are CLOSED;
- · enter WES at the front door
- · please wait outside of the school if directed to do so as school staff will be closely monitoring the number of adults in the building;
- · secure your student’s bag of personal belongings from the hallway in front of his/her homeroom teacher’s door
- · bags have your child’s first and last name secured to the bag and will be placed in alphabetical order for quick and easy retrieval.
- · staff will direct you to the door you must use to exit as you will not be permitted to exit through the front door.
- · if you have more than one student who attends WES, please come at the time scheduled for your oldest student as you will be able to secure the belongings for all of your students at one time.
Student Personal Belongings Pick up Schedule
· Wednesday, June 3rd - 8:00 to 10:00 AM - Grade 5
· Wednesday, June 3rd - 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon - Grade 4
· Wednesday, June 3rd - 1:00 to 3:00 PM - Grade 3
· Thursday, June 4th - 8:00 to 10:00 AM - Grade 2
· Thursday, June 4th - 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon - Grade 1
· Thursday, June 4th - 1:00 to 3:00 PM - Kindergarten
· Thursday, June 4th - 4:00 to 6:00 PM - For families not able to make any of the previously scheduled options
Any family that is not able to pick-up their student's belongings because a member of your family feels sick, has an elevated temperature, or has been around someone that has been ill in the last 14 days should send an email with your name and circumstances to my attention. These individuals should not come to the building until the health issue is resolved.
The return of instructional material and Chromebooks students have at home will be coordinated and scheduled for another time. Please do not bring any materials to return to WES with you at this time as we are not able to accept them. We ask that you keep and and all instructional materials and library books in a safe, dry place at home. The only exception would be for students and families that are moving out of the district or out of the country. For these families, a box will be placed in the main hallway for items such as library books and textbooks to be returned.
I am asking for your full cooperation with the aforementioned guidelines and procedures as we make every effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you should have any questions about this process.
Dr. Melissa M Nelson, Principal